Recommendations related to Covid-19
Rules valid from May 10
Effective from May 10, 2021 from 00:00 until the revocation of this extraordinary measure, the operation of schools and school facilities in all regions except the South Bohemian Region, the Vysočina Region and the Zlín Region is limited by limiting the operation of higher education institutions pursuant to Act no. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education Institutions and on Amendments and Supplements to Some Other Acts (the Higher Education Act), as amended, including foreign higher education institutions and their branches operating in the Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as “higher education institutions”), and by prohibiting the personal presence of students in classes and examinations, while studying at a university and participating in lifelong learning courses;
the prohibition of the personal presence of students under this regulation does not apply to:
- participation in clinical and practical teaching and practice of students,
- participation in individual consultations or counseling services (only one student and one academic staff or other person),
- examinations if the distance between individuals is at least 1.5 meters (applies also to credit tests),
- holding of entrance examinations for universities in such a way that the distance between individuals is at least 1.5 meters.
Personal presence for education (including credit tests and examinations) at a university, including foreign universities and their branches operating in the Czech Republic: the university will allow it to a student who is not prohibited by any other extraordinary measure only if,
a) he/she does not have symptoms of COVID-19, and
b) he/she has undergone a preventive RT-PCR test to determine the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus or a preventive antigen test to determine the antigen of SARS-CoV-2 virus with a negative result at a specified frequency (once every 7 days) , unless otherwise specified*.
The condition under letter b) does not apply to individual consultations and individual full-time teaching or other individual activities.
* The condition is considered fulfilled if the person proves that:
- he/she has undergone laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 disease, the isolation period has expired according to the valid emergency measure of the Ministry of Health and no more than 90 days have elapsed since the first positive POC antigen test for SARS-CoV-2 virus or RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 virus,
- he/she has a certificate issued by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic on vaccination against COVID-19, and, in the case of a two-dose schedule according to the Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) at least 14 days have elapsed since the second dose of vaccine, or at least 14 days have elapsed since the first dose of vaccine in the case of a single dose schedule under the SPC, or
- he/she has a negative result of the POC antigen test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus or RT-PCR test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus, which is not older than 48 hours and which were performed by a health service provider according to the currently valid emergency measure of the Ministry of Health on performing tests.
|Where:||only in the main building of the Faculty of Science, UP (17. listopadu 12), 6th floor, room 6.022|
Monday 7:30 – 12:00,
make a reservation for testing on this link (login as in the Portal)
Students who also have an employment relationship at UP and have so far been tested together with employees will be tested in a group for students from April 26.
Immediately after the evaluation of the test you will receive an electronic confirmation, by which you can prove yourself.
We test both Czech and foreign students. Information on the conditions under which it is possible to reimburse the test for foreigners from the EU are available here. If a student is tested outside Palacký University, he/she proves himself/herself with an official confirmation; a test carried out in the Czech Republic and abroad can also be recognized.
For any further questions about the testing itself, use the contact email@example.com.
The provision of accommodation to university students who have a different residence in the Czech Republic in university accommodation facilities is prohibited, with the exception of students who may participate in education according to the above conditions.
Practical teaching of students of other years will probably be possible only after the further release of anti-epidemic measures. It will most likely be necessary to start block teaching of these courses in the summer months, i.e. in June, July and August. We ask teachers and students for friendly communication and cooperation. In justified cases, it will be possible to write off the courses.
Current information on the operation of the UP Library are presented on the UP Library website.
On the Portal of electronic information resources the library provides information on which resources can be studied online. The site is continuously updated as the library gains access to new resources for you.