Recommendations related to Covid-19
Rules valid from July 9
Effective from July 9, 2021, the existing emergency measure will be amended if more than 10 people are involved at one time, as follows:
- examinations (regular or state final), academic ceremonies, entrance examinations, lifelong learning (according to the nature or learning, but usually it will be subject to the following), if more than 10 people take part in them at one time:
- the maximum number of participants, if the event takes place outdoors, is 5000, if the space is divided into sectors, then the presence of more participants must not be more than 1 standing participant per 4 m2 of standing space (+ participants must keep a spacing of 2 m, unless they are from the common household)
- event held indoors: max. 2000 people, no more than 75% of the capacity may be present, everyone have to be seated (+ further adjustment in case the event takes place in spaces with a larger capacity of more than 2000 people)
- the distance from the lecturer is at least 2 m
- only persons who do not show clinical signs of Covid-19 may be present, and
a) submit a confirmation of a negative result of a PCR test performed by a health care provider that is not older than 7 days,
b) submit a confirmation of a negative result of antigen test performed by a health care provider that is not older than 72 hours,
c) submit an affidavit or confirmation from the employer or school that in the last 72 hours they have passed the testing within the job or school with a negative result,
d) prove that they have undergone laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 disease in the last 180 days,
e) undergo a preventive antigen test on the spot, which is intended for self-testing, with a negative result,
f) provide proof of completion of vaccination against Covid-19, namely that:
- in the case of a two-dose schedule according to the Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) at least 14 days have elapsed since the second dose of vaccine, or,
- in the case of a single-dose schedule according to the SPC at least 14 days have elapsed since the administration of vaccine, but no more than 9 months.
- (or the equivalent from abroad according to the specified conditions)
- examinations (regular or state final), academic ceremonies, entrance examinations, lifelong learning (according to the nature or learning, but usually it will be subject to the following), provided that no more than 10 persons participate at a time, may take place without restriction.
Obligation to use respirators in faculty buildings
Effective from June 8, 2021 from 00:00 until the revocation of this extraordinary measure, all persons in the interior of the faculty are prohibited from moving and staying without respiratory protective equipment (nose, mouth), which is a respirator or similar device (always without an exhalation valve) meeting at least all technical conditions and requirements (for the product), including filtration efficiency at least 94% according to relevant standards (e.g. FFP2, KN 95), which prevent the spread of droplets. This prohibition does not apply to:
- students and academic staff pursuant to Act No. 111/1998 Coll., On Higher Education Institutions and on Amendments and Supplements to Some Other Acts (the Higher Education Act), as amended, within the framework of educational activities, the nature of which does not allow the wearing of protective means (especially gymnastics, singing, playing wind instruments),
- students in education who sit at a desk or are otherwise seated, with the exception of the South Bohemian Region, the Liberec Region and the Zlín Region,
- academic staff in the provision of education, with the exception of the South Bohemian Region, the Liberec Region and the Zlín Region,
- examiner and examinee during the test, provided that all persons maintain a distance of at least 2 meters.
End of mandatory testing
The provision of accommodation to university students who have a different residence in the Czech Republic in university accommodation facilities is prohibited, with the exception of students who may participate in education according to the above conditions.
In the case of practical, i.e. especially laboratory and field, teaching of students of other than final years, in some workplaces it will very likely be necessary to resort to teaching in blocks of these subjects in the summer months, i.e. in June, July and August. We therefore ask teachers and students to be considerate in their communication and cooperation. We ask the examiners to cooperate with the heads of departments in listing the exam dates. The priority should always be the implementation of practical training, which due to extraordinary measures could not take place properly according to the schedule in the winter and summer semesters. In justified cases (based on the individual request of the student with relevant justification, or on the basis of the statement of the subject guarantor or the head of the department about failure to teach a practical subject for objective reasons), it will be possible to write off the courses.
Current information on the operation of the UP Library are presented on the UP Library website.
On the Portal of electronic information resources the library provides information on which resources can be studied online. The site is continuously updated as the library gains access to new resources for you.