Conferences and Expert Visits
To disseminate research results in non-Gaussian quantum physics based on the outcomes of training and networking, NONGAUSS will organize at least 20 active presentations of the UP team members at international workshops and conferences in quantum physics and technology and 10 colloquia of senior UP team members at foreign universities and institutes which are not project partners.
To consult and receive feedback from internationally recognized researchers and scholars, NONGAUSS will support 10 expert visits from DTU and SU partners and 10 expert visits from outside the consortium at UP. Together with workshops, these visits will increase the impact of the UP team and its field of research in the FET Flagship on Quantum Technologies.
To increase visibility, impact and networking of the coordinator’s team outside of NONGAUSS, we will:
Support effective presentation and dissemination of the results stimulated by NONGAUSS at international conferences for senior PhD students, postdocs, and academic staff. We plan to attend international meetings focusing on the new directions of quantum technologies, which are beyond the traditional events attended by the UP team. The plan is to support approximately 2 attendances per quarter.
Simultaneously, the project will support colloquium talks presented by senior academic staff and postdocs at foreign universities and research institutes which are not NONGAUSS partners. Quarterly we plan one colloquium in EU countries or eventually overseas (USA, Japan, Korea and Australia). The project budget will fully cover the travel costs of both the conference presentations and academic colloquia.
Invite internationally recognised experts in the field of non-Gaussian quantum physics to present talks at UP and extensively discuss the development of quantum technology. Lectures will be publicly announced and advertised to the institutions in the Czech Republic involved in quantum technology.
We plan to invite 2 experts per quarter, 1 expert from the project consortium and 1 expert outside of it. The duration of the expert stay will be 3-5 days, and the project will adequately cover the travel costs (transportation, accommodation). The experts outside the consortium will receive information on the development of non-Gaussian quantum physics at UP and also on NONGAUSS. This activity will complement the training at the partners’ institutions and provide the required feedback from outside the project.
- Radim Filip, Quantum non-Gaussian and highly nonlinear physics, Bar-Ilan University, Israel, 17 March 2021.
- Lukáš Slodička, Nonclassical and quantum non-Gaussian motion of a single trapped atom, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Poland.
- Radim Filip, Quantum non-Gaussian and highly nonlinear physics, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland, 16 June 2021.
- Quantum Nanophotonics, Centro de Ciencias de Benasque Pedro Pascual, Spain, 1–5 March 2021. Lukáš Lachman with poster Quantum non-Gaussian photonics.
- March Meeting, American Physical Society, 15–19 March 2021. Iivari Pietikäinen with talk Ancilla-error-transparent controlled-swap gate.
- Open Quantum Dynamics and Thermodynamics, IBS Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems, South Korea, 22–26 March 2021. Michal Kolář with poster Enhanced steady-state coherences via repeated system–bath interactions.