- last 4 years
- results of your research are compiled in Ph.D. thesis
- after successful defense of the thesis and passing the State Doctoral Examination, you will be awarded a Ph.D. Degree
Ph.D. study application guide
- Choose your study programme from below or in our catalogue.
- Contact the relevant department.
(see the link in the title of the respective study field)
- Consult with them your possible topic and potential supervisor. (After mutual agreement, you can proceed with your application.)
- Prepare the necessary documents for your application (in pdf).
The documents and admission requirements may vary according to the chosen study programme. Always follow the instructions from your department.
- Certified copy of your diploma
- Transcript of Records
These should be requested from the colleges and universities attended. For applicants from non-member states of the Hague Conference on International Law (see the list), the documents must be accompanied by an apostille issued by the local Czech Embassy.
- Two signed recommendation letters
These provide an additional source of information about professional and academic level and should be completed by employer or university professor.
- Curriculum vitae
Information concerning your education, work, study and research experience. Namely a description of your graduate programme, diploma thesis, published papers, honours awarded, membership in scientific societies and personal professional goals. Statement of academic goal indicating why you wish to study in a particular program.
- English language proficiency certificate
Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, CPE) at least at B2 CEFR level, or a document certifying applicant's previous English language courses or studies in English.
- Fill out your electronic application:
- new user ► "Register"
- already registered ► "Log in"
- When filling out your name in section 'Personal Data' during registration ("first name and middle name(s)", "last name"), write all your names exactly as stated in your passport/ID.
- In section 'Application Creation' choose only study programmes with English titles (use a filter).
Select the thesis topic which you have agreed on with your new supervisor.
- Upload all the necessary documents in the section 'Attachments'. If there is no more room for uploading some of the above-mentioned document, simply merge it with another document.
- In order to submit the e-application, you have to pay the processing fee 690 CZK (approximately 27 EUR) by debit/credit card per instructions in the 'Application Overview' (for that you do not need to have a Czech account). Without the payment, the application will not be considered.
- Entrance examinations are usually oral (e.g. via Skype) and take place in June (date should be specified by your supervisor).
- Before the enrollment it is necessary to submit an official recognition of your diploma.
- Be aware that tuition fee per academic year is required.
- All international students are required to arrange a health insurance for the entire time of their stay in the Czech Republic.
For the academic year 2023/2024 the following study programmes will be available during the second round of admissions from 1 June to 15 August:
Biology, Ecology and Environmental Sciences - offer of possible topics
Chemistry - offer of possible topics
- Analytical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Nanomaterial Chemistry
- Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
Earth Sciences - offer of possible topics
Mathematics - offer of possible topics
Physics - offer of possible topics
Faculty of Science, Palacký University Olomouc
Student Affairs Office
17. listopadu 1192/12
779 00 Olomouc
+420 585 634 010-14
+420 585 225 737
Contact person for foreign doctoral students:
Mgr. Waleria Słowiková
+420 585 634 061
Room no. 1.005, ground floor next to the reception. Please, respect the office hours!