- last 4 years
- results of your research are compiled in Ph.D. thesis
- after successful defense of the thesis and passing the State Doctoral Examination, you will be awarded a Ph.D. Degree
- Choose your study programme from below or in our catalogue.
- Contact the relevant department.
(see the link in the title of the respective study field)
- Consult with them your possible topic and potential supervisor. (After mutual agreement, you can proceed with your application.)
The list of topics is currently being updated. Only after the list will be available and your chosen topic will appear on the list, you can apply for it in your electronic application.
- Prepare the necessary documents for your application (in pdf).
The documents and admission requirements may vary according to the chosen study programme. Always follow the instructions from your department.
- Certified copy of your diploma
- Transcript of Records
These should be requested from the colleges and universities attended. For applicants from non-member states of the Hague Conference on International Law (see the list), the documents must be accompanied by an apostille issued by the local Czech Embassy.
- Two recommendation letters
These provide an additional source of information about professional and academic level and should be completed by employer or university professor.
- Curriculum vitae
Information concerning your education, work, study and research experience. Namely a description of your graduate programme, diploma thesis, published papers, honours awarded, membership in scientific societies and personal professional goals. Statement of academic goal indicating why you wish to study in a particular program.
- English language proficiency certificate
Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, CPE) at least at B2 CEFR level, or a document certifying applicant's previous English language courses or studies in English.
- Health status certificate (not older than one month).
All international students are required to arrange a health insurance for the entire time of their stay in the Czech Republic.
- Diploma recognition
- Request for Fischer scholarship (optional).
Upload the request together with any other document in your electronic application.
- Fill out your electronic application:
- new user ► "Register"
- already registered ► "Log in"
- When filling out your name during registration ("first name and middle name(s)", "last name"), write all your names exactly as stated in your passport/ID.
- Choose only study programmes with English titles (use a filter).
Select the thesis topic which you have agreed on.
- In order to submit the e-application, you have to pay the processing fee 690 CZK (approximately 27 EUR) by debit/credit card per instructions in the application (for that you do not need to have a Czech account). Without the payment, the application will not be considered.
- Entrance examinations are usually oral (e.g. via Skype) and take place in June (date should be specified by your supervisor).
- Be aware that tuition fee per academic year is required.
For the academic year 2023/2024 the following study programmes are available:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Nanomaterial Chemistry
- Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
Contact person for foreign students: