Standard Doctoral study programmes last four years. Students are required to take courses and examinations, present seminars, annual progress reports, pursue research and publish their data in scientific journals according to their individual study plans governed by respective supervisors. Results of the research are compiled in Ph.D. thesis. Students prepare for the State Doctoral Examination, which tests the range and quality of the student’s abilities in respective field of study and the potential to acquire and creatively implement the knowledge. After successful defense of the doctoral thesis and passing the State Doctoral Examination, the student will be awarded the degree Ph.D.
Biology, Ecology and Environmental Sciences
- Ecology (full-time)
- Experimental Biology (full-time, part-time)
- Molecular and Cell Biology (part-time)
- Zoology (full-time, part-time)
- Analytical Chemistry (full-time, part-time)
- Biochemistry (full-time, part-time)
- Inorganic Chemistry (full-time, part-time)
- Nanomaterial Chemistry (full-time, part-time)
- Organic and Bioogranic Chemistry (full-time)
- Physical Chemistry (full-time, part-time)
- Environmental and Development Studies (coming soon)
- Geoinformatics and Cartography (full-time)
- Geological Sciences (full-time, part-time)
- Algebra and Geometry (full-time)
- Applied Mathematics (full-time, part-time)
- Mathematical Analysis (full-time, part-time)
- Choose your study programme here or in our catalogue.
- Choose your thesis topic.
- Contact your potential supervisor and get the endorsement for your application. Only then you can apply for your study programme!
- Include the necessary documents with your application.
- Complete the electronic application. Choose only fields of study with English titles.
- In order to complete the e-application, you have to pay the processing fee 690 CZK (approximately 27 EUR) by credit card. Without the payment, the application will not be considered.
- Entrance examinations are usually oral (e.g. via Skype) and take place in June (date should be specified by your supervisor).
- Be aware that tution fee up to 4000 EUR per academic year is required.
- A limited number of scholarships is available each year.
Contact person for foreign students: