Official Notice Board
- A-17/4/SD – Directive of the Dean of the Faculty of Science which regulates certain issues of the Study and Examinations Code of UP (hereinafter referred to as „SEC“) (as amended by 1. 9. 2017)
- A-17/6/SD - Economic Directive of the Faculty of Science, Palacký University in Olomouc for 2017 + Amendment no.1 A-17/8/SD
- A-15/7/SD - Directive of the Dean of the Faculty of Science, which regulates certain provisions of Scholarship Code of UP + Amendment no.1 A-17/9/SD
- 1/2014 - Directive Regulating Acknowledgment of Credits from Foreign Student Mobility
- A-14/10/OD - Provision of the Dean of the Faculty of Science, Palacký University in Olomouc of 20. 8. 2014 Regulating Structure of Doctoral Study Programs at the Faculty in Credit Systém
- A-14/9/OD - Provision of the Dean of the Faculty of Science, Palacký University in Olomouc which Regulates Rules of the Dean´s Award Granted to Authors of Excellent Papers and Excellent Teachers of the Faculty of Science
- 1/2010 - Dean´s Provision to Regulate Certain Issues of the Study and Examinations Code of Palacký University and the Rigorous Code of Palacký University
- A-17/2/MPD - Methodology Guidelines for Setting Level of Indirect Costs in Order to Submit Proposals of Projects with Institutional Support and with Targeted Support
- A-15/6/MPD - Methodology Guidelines for Providing Travel Allowances
- A-14/15/MPD - Methodology Guidelines for Evaluation of Productivity and Job Performance of Employees + Amendment no.1 A-16/5/MPD
- A-16/6/RD - Change in the Value of Food Vouchers at Faculty of Science, Palacký University Olomouc
- A-14/8/RD - Granting Allowances, Gifts, and Returnable Loans from Social Fund of the Faculty of Science, Palacký University in Olomouc + Amendment no.1 A-15/9-RD + Amendment no.2 A-17/11-RD
Call for Applications
The dean of the Faculty of Science, Palacky University in Olomouc opens a selection procedure to fill up the position
Post-doc in the field of Analytical Chemistry – Mass Spectrometry
We announce the opening of a new postdoc position supervised by prof. Karel Lemr for scientists experienced in the field of mass spectrometry. A researcher will participate in research activities that are performed at the Faculty of Science in the framework of projects of the Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials (www.rcptm.com).
The research program:
The research work will be aimed at analysis of small samples mainly by mass spectrometry and ion mobility-mass spectrometry. It will cover tissue and cell analysis (e.g. identification and quantitation of metabolites) as well as analysis of samples collected from objects of art (e.g. identification of organic binders). The researcher will study and apply different ionization techniques, mass spectrometry imaging, ion mobility-mass spectrometry and LC/MS to characterize studied samples.
The applicant responsibilities:
- Study of ionization and separation by ion mobility
- Pretreatment of small samples for mass spectrometric analysis (including application of nanomaterials)
- Cooperation with other team members
- Active participation in conferences/seminars/workshops etc. organized by the institution
- Execution of targeted research
- Manuscript writing
Research in a focused and motivated team, new laboratories with modern analytical instrumentation (see www.rcptm.com).
Starting gross monthly salary 52 000 CZK (~2 000 EUR) including health and social insurance.
Five Examples of Our Publications in the Field:
- Borovcova, L., Hermannova, M., Pauk, V., Simek, M., Havlicek, V., Lemr, K., Simple area determination of strongly overlapping ion mobility peaks, Anal. Chim. Acta 981 (2017) 71 - 79.
- Pauk, V., Pluhacek, T., Havlicek, V., Lemr, K., Ultra-high performance supercritical fluid chromatography-mass spectrometry procedure for analysis of monosaccharides from plant gum binders, Anal. Chim. Acta 989 (2017) 112 - 120.
- Hartmanova, L., Lorencova, I., Volny, M., Frycak, P., Havlicek, V., Chmelickova, H., Ingr, T., Lemr, K., Lateral resolution of desorption nanoelectrospray: a nanospray tip without nebulizing gas as a source of primary charged droplets, Analyst 141 (2016) 2150-2154.
- Pluhacek, T., Petrik, M., Luptakova, D., Benada, O., Palyzova, A., Lemr, K., Havlicek, V., Aspergillus infection monitored by multimodal imaging in a rat model, Proteomics 16 (2016) 1785-1792.
- Hermannova, M., Iordache, A.-M., Slovakova, K., Havlicek, V., Pelantova, H., Lemr, K., Arrival time distributions of product ions reveal isomeric ratio of deprotonated molecules in ion mobility–mass spectrometry of hyaluronan-derived oligosaccharides, J. Mass Spectrom. 50 (2015) 854-863.
Ph.D. or equivalent in Chemistry; a good publication record; highly proficient in both spoken and written English (Common European Framework of Reference C1); experience in ion mobility-mass spectrometry or mass spectrometry imaging is an advantage.
Please submit an application including requested documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of recommendation shall be sent directly to the same email addresses. Clearly indicate the position, which do you apply for (Analytical Chemistry – Mass Spectrometry).
- Professional CV
- Motivation letter
- Diploma or nostrification
- A list of publication outputs in the last 3 years
- A list and brief description of scientific-research projects in the last 3 years the candidate has participated in
- Recommendation by the supervisor or the Head of the workplace/scientific-research team where the candidate operates
All documents listed above must be submitted in English.
The applications are considered till August 10, 2018.
Screening of applicants will resume immediately. Selected applicants will be invited for an oral/Skype interview, typically within 2 weeks upon the deadline. We apologize that due to the number of applications we are not able to respond to all applicants who did not qualify for the oral interview. Thank you for your understanding.
Post-doc/Junior researcher in the field of Origin of Life Theory
We announce the opening of a new postdoc/junior researcher position for scientists experienced in the field of material/organic/analytical chemistry with focus on a highly interdisciplinary research related to organic chemistry.
The research program:
We are opening a new position in the topic of the experimental reconstruction of the abiogenesis of RNA. Special attention will be focused on the following topics: (i) the complete experimental reconstruction of a continuous, formamide-based pathway to the origin of life, (ii) non-templated synthesis of the first RNAs from cyclic nucleotides, (iii) origin of the catalytic activity of RNA, and the role of mineral catalysis in the above mentioned processes. The position is suitable for postdocs who are interested in combining synthetic organic chemistry, biochemistry, analytical chemistry and material science with the aim to reconstruct abiogenesis under laboratory conditions. Basic laboratory skills are required and expertise in standard analytical methods used in organic chemistry is welcome. Experimental work will concentrate on sample preparation and characterization with modern analytical chemistry methods. The applicant will become part of a young, focused, and motivated international team with excellent equipment (see www.rcptm.com).
- Operation of a uniquely designed gas/liquid reactor for catalytic reactions
- Analysis and interpretation of catalytic processes
- Optimization of catalytic processes
- Chemical analysis of the reaction products formed in the gas/liquid reactor
- Ability to conduct targeted research
- Ability to comprehend results from characterization techniques used in organic chemistry and material science
- Manuscript writing
Five Relevant References in the Related Topics:
- Šponer, J.E.; Šponer, J.; Nováková, O.; Brabec, V.; Šedo, O.; Zdráhal, Z.; Costanzo, G.; Pino, S.; Saladino, R.; Di Mauro, E. Emergence of the first catalytic oligonucleotides in a formamide-based origin scenario. Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 3572-3586.
- Šponer, J.E.; Šponer, J.; Di Mauro, E. New evolutionary insights into the non-enzymatic origin of RNA oligomers. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: RNA 2017, 8:e1400. doi: 10.1002/wrna.1400.
- Costanzo, G.; Giorgi, A.; Scipioni, A.; Timperio, A. M.; Mancone, C.; Tripodi, M.; Kapralov, M.; Krasavin, E.; Kruse, H.; Šponer, J., et al. Nonenzymatic oligomerization of 3′,5′‐cyclic CMP induced by proton and UV irradiation hints at a nonfastidious origin of RNA. ChemBioChem 2017, 18, 1535-1543.
- Šponer, J.E.; Šponer, J.; Giorgi, A.; Di Mauro, E.; Pino, S.; Costanzo, G. Untemplated nonenzymatic polymerization of 3′,5′cGMP: A plausible route to 3′,5′-linked oligonucleotides in primordia. J Phys Chem B 2015, 119, 2979-2989.
- ‘Early RNA’ reactions characterized, article by James Urquhart in Chemistry World, February 11, 2015, www.chemistryworld.com/news/early-rna-reactions-characterised/8249.article.
Ph.D. or equivalent in organic chemistry; good publication record in top ranked journals, excellent oral and written English; experience in organic/analytical chemistry/heterogeneous catalysis.
Submit an application including a curriculum vitae and a list of publications to: email@example.com. Letters of recommendation shall be sent directly to the same email addresses. Clearly indicate the position, which you apply for.
The applications are considered till July 15th 2018.
Screening of applicants will resume immediately. Selected applicants will be invited for an oral/Skype interview, typically within 2/3 weeks upon application submission. We apologize but due to the number of applications the scientific committee screens we are not able to respond to all applicants who did not qualify for the oral interview. Thank you for your understanding.
Ph.D. student (academic researcher)
Workplace: Centre of the Region Haná for Biotechnological and Agricultural Research (http://www.cr-hana.eu/en/index.html), Department of Molecular BiologyProject: Plants as a tool for sustainable global development (CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_019/0000827)Number of positions: 2Job status: 0,5 (part-time)Job Starting Date: 1.9.2018
- full-time form of Ph.D. study of Biochemistry on Faculty of Science, Palacky University
- advanced experience in molecular biology and biochemistry
- active command of English
- experience with presentation of scientific results
Application along with required documents (structured curriculum vitae, scanned Ph.D. diploma, overview of published papers and publications) is to be kindly sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is 15.8.2018.
Enunciator reserves the right to not occupy the stated position in an exceptional case without stating the cause.