Dean´s election at the Faculty of Science will take place in December
The Academic Senate of the Faculty announced the election date at its last meeting in October. Members of the academic community of the Faculty of Science may submit proposals for Dean candidates by November 10. On December 13, the senators will decide who will lead our Faculty for the next four years.
Members of the Faculty academic community shall consign proposals exclusively in written form to the registry at the main Faculty building. It is highly recommended to enclose a written consent of the nominee. Detailed information is available on the website of the Faculty including the relevant forms.
The list of candidates will be posted on the Faculty website on November 22. Candidates for the Dean will present their visions at the academic community assembly on November 30. Senators will elect the candidate on December 13. Members of the electoral comitee are senators Tomáš Fürst, Marek Jukl and Jakub Žák; a member of the Faculty senate student chamber.
The term of office of the current Dean, Ivo Frébort, terminates in January 2018.
- Curriculum for academic year 2017/2018 is available on the website of the Faculty.
- Course registration for winter semesterWe would like to inform students that modifying courses in STAG system is possible at the Department of Study until October 27.
- Recognition of credits
We kindly request students who want to apply for credit recognition for courses from previous studies to fill in the relevant application and submit the document including the list of accomplished courses, approval of the teacher and the guarantor of the course to the Department of Studies by October 27.
- Students may adjust their timetable at the Department of Study till October 27. Modifying the timetable after this deadline is possible only upon request, confirmed by the head of the respective department or a teacher.
- Matriculation Oath
We kindly request first year students who didn´t participate in matriculations to sign the matriculation oath at the Department of study by the end of this month.
- Graduation Ceremony
We kindly ask students who completed their studies by taking a state final exam in August or September and wish to participate in the graduation ceremony on November 10 and 11 to confirm their presence by sending an email to the relevant person at Department of Study. Payment instructions are available on the website of the Faculty where the graduation schedule will also be posted at the end of October.
- Doctoral study
We kindly request students of Doctoral study programs who wish to make any major changes regarding their studies (discontinuing their studies, changing a supervisor or a form of study) to first register their application at the Faculty registry and keep a copy of the document.
Students who wish to terminate their studies at their own request shall do so by 25th day of the month due to scholarship payment administration procedure deadline.
- Graduation ceremony of Doctoral study programs will be held on December 8 in the auditorium of the Faculty of Law. We kindly request our graduates to check their email and send the requested information via email to the relevant employee of the Department of Study.
Agreement on securing professional internship
Students who wish to complete their professional internship must ensure signing the Agreement before starting the internship. This obligation also applies to pedagogical internships. A template of the Agreement in English is available here, Czech version is available here.
- Contipro regularly offers topics of Master and Doctoral thesis for students of biotechnological fields. Students may conduct their thesis in Contipro labs during internships of various lengths. A list of new topics for Master thesis is available here topics for disertation thesis are available here. For further information, please contact Eva Myšáková at Eva.Mysakova@contipro.com. We remind our students that the final thesis must be approved by the head of the relevant department or by a guarantor of the field of study, or of the profiling course.
- Kostelecké inspirování Conference 2018
A conference for students and researchers of biological, ecological, environmental and landscape disciplines will be held on November 23 and 24 at the castle in Kostelec nad Černými lesy. An on-line registration is open until November 6, participants shall submit their abstract by November 13. For further information, please contact Daniela Budská at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Faculty management kindly requests respective employees of all departments and scientific centers to update and specify instructions for completing final thesis in the information system STAG
- Based on Faculty Senate Resolution No. 6-2/2017 of October meeting the faculty management requests course guarantors of individual departments to update information concerning courses (annotation, time budget, lecturer, requirements to complete the course, etc.) in informational system STAG. Minor adjustments of information are possible at the Department of Study until October 27. Significant modifications shall be implemented next year in March before completing the Faculty class schedule.
- Night of Scientists
The Faculty management as well as the Department of External and Internal Relations would like to express their gratitude to everybody who participated in the organization of this year´s Night of Scientists. Visitors were able to experience science at more than 30 stalls with interesting program and displays at the main Faculty building; and more of them at the Stronghold of Knowledge. Main organizers received positive feedback; visitors appreciated the erudition, enthusiasm and creativity of our academics. Estimated turnout was slightly higher this year compared to 2016. For instance, more than 350 children were collecting stamps to their participant card to get a small reward.
- The Dean of the Faculty of Science has announced a competition for the best Faculty New Year´s card design for 2018. Students, staff, seniors and alumni of our Faculty may send their original painted, drawn, sculpted, photographed or computerized art works to: email@example.com by November 20. Card designs shall be consistent with the visual style of the University and shall include the University visual elements. For sending your art piece by mail, please use the following address: Magdalena Ondrušáková, the Faculty of Science, Palacký University in Olomouc, 17. listopadu 12, 779 00 Olomouc. It is also possible to submit the design personally after making an appointment, tel: 585634397. Author of the winning design will receive a financial reward of CZK 3000 - 5000 and a voucher for two people for a three-day stay at the Faculty cabin in Karlov.